We Know Social Security Disability Law
Although any citizen can file a claim, the vast majority of people are turned down for Social Security disability benefits at least once. Hiring an attorney does not guarantee approval, but it greatly increases your chances.
At many law firms and nonprofit agencies, your case is handled by a non-attorney who may not understand the Social Security disability requirements. This puts you at a disadvantage if there are problems with your claim. At the law firm of Coats & Todd, you are represented by an experienced lawyer from Day One who can guide your claim through the entire appeals process.
Why You Need a Lawyer
If you have had any contact with the Social Security Administration, you know how complex the disability requirements are, and how difficult it is to get answers from a live human being. The SSA itself suggests that applicants consider hiring an attorney.
- We only get paid if you win. There are no up-front fees, and we do not take attorney fees unless you are approved for benefits.
- Our fees are capped by federal law. It costs the same to hire a lawyer as it does to hire a non-lawyer.
- We know the system. Coats & Todd offers focused experience in Social Security disability and SSI claims. We get all your medical records. We know how to file and document your claim for the best chances of success.
- We know the law. People who handle their own claim — and non-attorney "advocates" — often emphasize the wrong information. We know the requirements to qualify for various disabilities, how to cross-examine medical and vocational experts, and how to preserve errors in your disability hearing for later appeal.
- We can handle federal appeals. After the administrative process is exhausted, you must file suit in federal court to appeal your case. Only a trial lawyer who is admitted to practice in federal district court and U.S. appeals courts can take your case "all the way."
The attorneys of Coats & Todd have 40 years of combined experience in Social Security law. Based in Richardson, Texas, we take claims in Plano, throughout the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex, statewide and nationwide.
Call 1-800-856-1031 (toll free) or e-mail us today for a free initial consultation and compassionate support for a long and difficult process. We can explain the Social Security disability requirements and answer all your questions.